Welcome!

Reviews on how pokemon operate in rain and a social community. Welcome :]

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Q/A concerning site  

Share | 

Beartic -- Rainy day Review --

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
@TooJosh4U
Admin

Activity points : 250
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Beartic -- Rainy day Review --   Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm also not that big of a Beartic fan ( Yes, another cross reference to me not liking Unova )
But he gets Swift Swim and isn't a water type, making him " good " for rain teams, but he eventually became a commonly overused piece of crap for noob rain team battlers. Go figure. Lets see what he still has to offer.

Physical ( Big surprise ):

Beartic (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Dive
- Brick Break

Swords Dance doubles his already pretty spiffy attack, and sets him up to sweep.
Ice Punch is that beautiful STAB he's been given, while Dive is physical Water ( Gets rain boost ) which is awesome stuff right there. Brick Break is more coverage. I love the standard easy to useness of this set. Highly reccomended for new battlers who are trying out rain for their team.

Physical[Alt]:

Beartic (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Hone Claws
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Okay, first off. All credit of this set goes to http://pokemondb.net/pokebase/user/trachy
Now onto the set explanation stuff.
Swift Swim increases his speed ( Rain boost ).
Hone Claws increases his Attack stat, and accuracy ( Supporting Ice Crash and Stone Edge )
Stone Edge is coverage, which is always great. Ice Crash is STAB and Super Power, is more coverage.

Overall, this guy gets a good load of rain support, definitely sees increase of use because of it. Although, none of these sets can be used in OU. Meaning he has to rely on Damp Rock + Rain Dance on a bulky pokemon kind of team support, which cuts away from his use.

Rating for the rain - 5/10

Last edited by J98 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainydayreviews.dogsboard.com
@TooJosh4U
Admin

Activity points : 250
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Beartic 2nd review   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Man! I saw my old review of this thing and facepalmed! Seriously, since using this guy in OU is always something that might happen in the rain....
OU Beartic review.

Physical:

Beartic (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Snow Cloak

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dive
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Well this is his down side. Physical moveset getting coverage power for dive. That's all he gets....
Same moves can be rain with Choice Scarf, Jolly / Adamant, 252 Atk and Spd.
This guy tries to bulky sweep, hopefully if you can force a switch by throwing this guy in you can take down 2 opponents.
Trick room support is always a treat, that makes this set MUCH more worth while. For those wanting to stack things against your opponent.

Special ( Yes... special. ):

Beartic (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Snow Cloak

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Brine
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Brine and a Scarf must say SOMETHING to you. If you can get an opponent down to half of their health or below, the fact that he only has 262 special attack won't matter as much.
Brine is for revenge killing needs, Grass Knot is for heavy water types you might run into, Storm Drain Gastrodon, jazz like that.
Ice Beam is STAB. I may be putting that as my recommendation, but I run Blizzard. Just saying. Focus Blast is... meh. I needed something else to throw in there.

So that's Beartic in OU! Surprisingly, I prefer the special set!
If you don't already see from this... Horrid review. I actually am quite fond of Beartic, but you probably don't need to use him in a zone where his only use in rain is... banned. Sad

Rating for the rain - 2/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainydayreviews.dogsboard.com

Beartic -- Rainy day Review --
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1